Saturday, May 23, 2009

family fun

We've had a GREAT day! We actually started the morning off a little earlier than normal...Kendall woke up around 6:30ish, which is quite early for her on a Saturday. Mommy and Daddy were not real thrilled with our early bird this morning, since we both were night owls last night!

We made a Wal-Mart run before 8:00 this morning and then I came home and made the best blueberry muffins for breakfast. (I copied this recipe out of a friend's Betty Crocker cookbook and this was the second time I've made them. I upped the sugar this time to make them a little sweeter. Evan said they still didn't taste sweet enough to him. I thought they were perfect!)

Then, we decided to do this...(watch this short video!)


It was a little warm outside, but still such a fun way to spend the day as a family! We ran a couple of errands first, had a pizza lunch, then headed over to the zoo for the afternoon. Kendall is not really an animal lover--she likes to look at pictures of them, or look at them from a distance, but she doesn't want them to be anywhere near her. She flipped out a little bit when the big gorilla got right in front of her, even though there was a window. She did enjoy watching the penguins swim, which I thought was pretty neat to watch, too!

Kendall thoroughly enjoyed playing on the zoo's playground today, which I've decided is a perfect size for toddlers. It also wasn't too crowded and was a great break from her stroller.


On the way out, Kendall spotted the "bouncy," so we took her over for some fun. "Bouncy" (as Kendall says) is one of her favorite things in any form or fashion! She thinks our bed was made for bouncing!!! Kendall was more than brave!!! (Check out the video below.) We've come a long way since face planting on the bouncy slide at the pre-school Christmas party! I seriously couldn't believe she did this all by herself--over and over again! She's getting way too big!




Evan grilled pork-chops for dinner, and I contributed with rice, asparagus, and Sister Schubert rolls. Kendall was in bed before 8:00! It's been a GREAT day!

4 comments:

Jesse and Laura Pounders said...

Glad you had a fun day! Looks like Kendall had fun too! Love the slide video!

Cassie said... said...

thanks for always keeping us updated. I hate that we have to watch Kendall grow up on vidoe, but I'm still glad we get to watch

Reba said...

What a fun day! Those are my favorite kind. :) I love going to the zoo...how fun. Kendall is growing so much. Isn't it amazing how quickly it happens? In a blink of an eye... Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

The Hickmans said...

Fun, fun!! We just went to the zoo and had a BLAST!