I've been dying to put Kendall in this dress all winter, and although it was still a little big, she was able to wear it last Sunday to church. I know...probably not a big deal to most, but this was the last of the clothes that my mom bought for Kendall. My mom had a love for sweet little girl things--bishop's dresses, smocked and monogrammed anything, frilly bloomers, ruffled socks, hats and hairbows, etc, etc--and kept Kendall supplied with fancies for every season. I know she would have been so excited to see Kendall in this precious, precious dress.

I actually had some better pictures of Kendall in the dress than these, but I accidentally deleted them off my camera before downloading. Trying to get Kendall to look a the camera and smile is like trying to nail jello to the wall. It's nearly impossible! :) While on the subject of Kendall, I am amazed every day at the things she understands. In my opinion, babies are completely underestimated at how much they can really comprehend! Last weekend, I said, "Kendall, we need to change your diaper." She walked straight into her room and pointed at the basket of diapers on the shelf. Then proceeds to say "poo-poo" over and over again. Today, she was watching me drink some water and became very curious about the ice. I said, "Go get your sippy cup, bring it to me, and I will put some ice in your cup." Immediately she went to get her cup. Tonight, I was doing something in our bedroom and turned on the lamp on my side of the bed. Kendall was standing beside me and when she realized what I did, she walked over to Evan's side of the bed and reached to turn on his lamp. She just soaks in things so quickly!
A few other Kendall things then I'm off to watch the movie I rented while Evan is working...
1.) We are completely finished with the pacifier! Kendall was always a take-it-or-leave-it kind of gal when it came to the paci, but seemed like she needed it to fall asleep. I started noticing a month or so ago that she would push it out of her bed (sometimes even before Evan and I went to bed at night) but still wasn't waking up in the middle of the night. So, one night, we just decided to put her to bed without it and see what happened. She cried for about 10 minutes (which she would sometimes do WITH the paci) and then went on to sleep. I'm so thankful that wasn't a huge ordeal. Maybe moving her from her crib to a big-girl bed and potty training will be just as easy.... :)
2.) She is becoming a very independent eater and is actually doing quite well with the spoon.
3.) Kendall has become very interested in dress up and just clothes in general. She often goes to her room and finds her hats, mittens, or shoes and wears them around the house. The funniest is when she does what we call the "Michael Jackson" and comes out with one mitten on her hand. This morning, Evan and I were sitting on the couch drinking coffee/talking while Kendall is playing in the floor in front of us. The next thing we know, she's taken her pajamas off! So funny!
7 comments:
Such a little cutie pie!!
How fun! I love reading your blog - it makes me look forward to even BETTER times with Emelyn!
I love the dress. I love the "old fashoined" desses too. I can't wait till the girls get old enough to walk around and "do" things. I love the baby stage, but 1-2 years are the best.
I love the dress...she looks beautiful in it. It truly is amazing to me how much they learn and know. It also makes me very aware of how I act around my kids, even when I think they don't notice. It is like having a little conscience staring at you each day. :) Have a good rest of the weekend!
Love the dress! She is getting so big!
It is so amazing how they really "soak" so much in..! - Holly
okay...today is march 7th going on 8th and i haven't heard a word from you in a whole week!! don't you know i live to read what's up with your baby girl!! ha ha ha
went to women's retreat this weekend...it was good but missed you!! :))
Post a Comment