We had a great time with all the H's and were excited to ring in the new year at Brent and Kerri's house with some of our favorite people. We ate way too much pizza, enjoyed a chocolate fountain, played Wii, and had a Spades tournament. Evan and I spent many weekends hanging out with all the H's (and Scottie, Allyce, and Henry), and are always so happy when we have the opportunity to get together again with them.
(For those who read this blog and don't know Brian and Brent, they are twins. They are two of Evan's closest friends. Sometimes I wonder if they were supposed to be triplets and Evan was separated from them at birth because Evan acts just like them. It's quite comical. Brian and Brent have another brother, Bart, who you will see in some of the pictures. We didn't hang out with Bart and Ashley as much as we did with Brian/Brent and wives, but apparently Bart is just as rowdy as those two!)


Bart and Ashley recently adopted a little boy, Nik, from Russia. He is PRECIOUS!!! Kendra kept us up to date on the adoption process, and it was so neat to meet the little boy we'd been praying about for so long! I enjoyed hearing Bart share their experiences of adopting and watching Nik interact with the others. He is a doll!

Kendra-the card shark! :) Kendra and I were the last to play in the Spades tournament. All I have to say is that Brent and Brian are ruthless!!! Don't ever play Spades with them and expect to win, because they CHEAT!!! They took pictures of their cards and text them to each other!!! Kendra and I actually held our own for a while and talked smack right back to them, but they ended up beating us in the end. I don't know if I would play with those two as partners again!!! 

Brent was pouting because nobody would take his picture. So we did. And above is what we got.
This picture is so funny to me. Kendra looks like a giant because Brian is on his knees. (Don't be mad at me for putting it on here. I thought it was so funny.) :) Oh, and yes, all the little girls were dressed up in princess costumes the entire night. So cute!
Thanks for messing up our picture, Brian! Way to go, nerd! :)
Kendall was awesome all night. She thought she was as big as the rest of the kids. At one point, I went back to the bedrooms to check on her, and she and Asher were jumping on Reese's bed. (Talk about give mom a heart-attack!) Asher told me he was just teaching her how to dance. :) They were actually dancing their little hearts out, so I made Evan look. When he came in, his quote was, "That is an insurance claim waiting to happen!" We finally put Kendall down in Brent and Kerri's room. I really didn't think she would go to sleep, being that it was out.of.control noisy in their house. I went to check on her, and the door to Brent and Kerri's bedroom was wide open with Kendall sacked out! I couldn't believe it!
New Year's Day was spent with our old Connection Group (we missed you, Gary and Kellye!) at Brandon and Miranda's house. We had the traditional New Year's Day lunch of black-eyed peas and enjoyed great company. The boys laid around and watched football while the big girls (Rachel, Miranda, and I) enjoyed visiting and watching all the little girls (Julie, Mya, Alyson, and Kendall) play together. Mya, Alyson, and Kendall were all born in the same year (January, May, October of 2007) and their mommies have a very special bond, which I hope will carry through to the girls.
Kendall was especially fond of the stairs. Julie was a big helper, making sure Kendall was safe when she was going up and down! Julie is a great BIG sister!!!





Evan is really proud of his muscles, huh?

Who looks pregnant in this picture??!?!?! We are so excited that Brandon and Miranda are adding one more to their family in March. They are incredible parents to Julie and Alyson (seriously, Miranda is one of my parenting mentors!) and I know this baby BOY will be loved so much as well!
What a great way to spend two days, with incredible friends! Thanks, everyone, for letting us hang out with you! We love you all!

4 comments:
looks like you all had a great time for New Years! My mom and I had black eyed peas, hog jouel, apple sauce and hush puppies for the first time in years! I hate that we missed you this trip. Maybe next time.
What a fun time! Happy New Year!
Happy New Year! I have been so out of tune with what has been going on with everyone. We have been out of town or with company for weeks! I hate that we missed you guys this visit. =( Hopefully we'll see you next time.
We had a great time with you all as well! The pictures are great =) It would be fun to make it a yearly tradition to get the old Connection group together for New Years every year.. Making memories are the best!
Post a Comment