Sunday, October 26, 2008

My dad came to visit this weekend. We had a great time with him. The plan was to go to Huber Farms on Friday, but it rained all day on Friday and daddy got a later start than planned, so we ended up at KingFish instead. Sorry for all the Louisville folks that read this, but about all that restaurant has going for it is that it has a nice view of the river. (Apparently, KingFish is supposed to be another one of the great local places. I didn't enjoy it so much. I think it's just because I'm more of a catfish eater than a scrod eater.)

Kendall thoroughly enjoyed my turnip greens (seriously, the best part of the meal!).

After dinner, we went home and put Kendall to bed.

Evan coached soccer on Saturday, so daddy, Kendall and I just hung out at the house until he got home. This is where my mom's presence was terribly missed. When Evan got home, we ventured out to The Bass Pro Shop. (JOY!) If my mom were still living, we would have dropped those boys off and headed on to Target or Old Time Pottery that is nearby. Evan told me that my enduring BPS was payback for all his trips with me to the mall. Whatever.
We made a stop at the golf section (surprise) and found some clubs that Kendall will be big enough to use soon enough. I think her daddy looks forward to the day!
We had a great weekend with my dad and were so glad he was able to come up!
On another note...
I didn't post Kendall's stats from her 12 month check-up on Thursday. She weighed 19 lbs. 1 oz. (15th percentile) and 28 1/2 inches (25th percentile). The doctor said she was perfectly healthy and really developing her motor skills. He did act kind-of funny about her not saying many "real" words and said that if she wasn't saying more by 15 months we might need to do something about it. I'm not worried. She jabbers and repeats sounds constantly, so I don't think there is anything wrong with her speech.
She is picking up a little bit on the baby sign-she will do the sign for "finished" (thanks, Allyce!) but I'm not sure she gets what it means. When you say, "Kendall, where is your shoe?" she grabs at her foot. She's also patted her head when you say "Kendall, where is your head?" but not as consistently as the shoe thing. The below video shows "where is your shoe?" a little, although we were already playing the game before I started the video, so she was already playing with her shoes. She will also shake her head "no" when she doesn't want to play or when she's finished. So cute. I love how much she is learning and growing!



4 comments:

Reba said...

It looks like a fun weekend with your dad, though I am sure it feels strange to just have him there and not your Mom too. :( Sounds like Kendall is doing great. And I wouldn't be too worried about the word thing. Joshua is 18 months old and is JUST beginning to talk (I think switching languages on him didn't help) but like Kendall, he is understanding so much of what we say. Oh, and Hunter was around three before he truly started talking, and he hasn't stopped yet. :)

Jessica said...

The picture with your dad has a great view of the skyline! So pretty! Glad her party went well. The cookies were really cute. : )

Jesse and Laura Pounders said...

So glad you guys had a good time with your dad!! I know he was glad to see you all!!

Kara said...

That's a great picture in front of the river!