Monday, August 18, 2008

Quick Note...

We made it home to Louisville around 6:30 last night. I was sad to leave my daddy, but I knew that even if I didn't leave on Sunday, I would have to do it eventually. I think he had a hard day yesterday, but today sounded a lot better.

We are back in full-swing here...although I'm still in a fog and struggle to get motivated for the most part. I went to work today, and it went okay. I pretty much just "winged" it. I did just about loose it when I saw one of my students with double hearing aids crying in the hallway. (I'm not sure what the deal was, but apparently, this young man has struggled some upon arriving to school. I guess the combination of him crying/wearing hearing aids/my mother wearing a hearing aid just kind-of got to me. I know. Silly. But "they" say it hits you at the most inopportune times.) I'm getting ready to write out my lesson plans for the rest of the week, so I'm sure that getting a little ahead of the game in that area will help. We have a field trip (already!) on Friday, which means I only have to make out plans for three more days. Evan is trying to get caught up with his reading for classes this week, since he missed his first two days of school as well. And Kendall...well...I'm pretty sure she's going to be walking soon. I've seen her let go of the furniture a couple of times today and take a step!!!

I'll try not to turn our family blog into "memoirs of my mother" but at some point, I'd like to share a few things. We'll see. Right now, I just didn't want the "funeral arrangements" post to be the first thing I saw when I clicked on our page.

I really am doing okay. I just have moments. A lot of moments.

Thanks for all the encouragement! (I may never get to respond to some of you...I'm trying to clean out my inbox now. Just know that I got your notes and I am thankful!)


Love to all!

13 comments:

Cassie said... said...

don't you appologize for ANYTHING! And don't you for one minute worry about sharing your thoughts with us. I wish I had had a place to share my heart when my dad died a few years ago. Lay it on us girlfriend! We are here for you!

Kara said...

Hey Leah! I got a blogspot so you have one more thing to read now! karaandben.blogspot.comGood luck starting school and in your circumstances. I have thought a lot about you and somehow I know that you can do this.

The Huneycutt Family said...

I'm praying for your first week at school to be a great one! Just remember that middle school students can be ever so sweet when you need them to be.

Jessica said...

Cassie is so right.. don't feel you have to say sorry at all. I'm just glad to hear you all made it home safe. I'm praying that you have a good rest of the week at school. : )

Grace, Hope and Joy said...

SO glad to hear you all are home. Are you able to come to the Women's Tea/Fashion Show this Sat? Praying for you all!!! Oh and I agree with Cassie that we would love to hear memories of you Momma!! It also came to mind if you didn't want to post a lot about that on here that you could make your Mom's blog a "memoirs" blog and post away. It would probably be inspiring to many people as it sounds like she was an amazing woman.
Looking forward to seeing you all!

Taylor said...

I'm so glad you guys made it back home safe and sound. I hope the rest of the week goes good for you, and I encourage you to share memories of your mom with us. It's good for you, and we want to help!! The service was beautiful, and I'm so glad we got to see you guys.

Love ya,
Taylor

Beth said...

Hey Leah, I am really sad to hear about your mom. We were out of town and I just heard. Your little girl is beautiful, I know you are so proud. I found your blog through Stephanie and Scott's. I'll be praying for your family. Beth Garrett Munger

Meredith said...

Glad to hear you made it back safely, and that you made it through the first day of school. I look forward to hearing your stories of your mother! :) Love you guys!

Yay for Kendall!! Big girl!

Joyce said...

I too am glad that you all made it home safe and sound. I know how hard it was to leave your daddy because I remember how hard it was to leave my mom when daddy died. The phone is a wonderful tool! I know that you will all moments in the future, but know that prayers are going up all over for your whole family. It was a beautiful service on Saturday, one that she would have been proud of. Have a great rest of the week and never hesitate to call if you need to! Love ya, Joyce

Reba said...

Leah, I have been thinking about you and praying for you. I hope that your first week is going well and that you will settle into a routine. I am with the others...this is your blog, it is your mother...you share whatever you want!
Reba

mbl said...

Leah, I just found out about your mom and I am so very sorry for your loss. I know it's got to be so hard to do normal things...when nothing at all seems right. We will be thinking of you and praying for you over these next few weeks. I know there will be some tough days ahead, but I also know that God gives indescribable peace.

The Hickmans said...

You've been in our prayers. Please share anything about your mom with us, we'd love to hear... Good luck with school, I know you are an incredible teacher and will bless your students more than you know!

Adam Holly Grace said...

My first thought when reading your post was (as others have said)that you SHOULD share memoirs of your Mom if you like here! We all want you to share your heart with us. It really does help and we want to be here for you. Still praying for you and all that is going on in your life right now!

I can't believe Kendall is taking steps. Man, time flies!--Love, Holly