We took Kendall to the doctor for her well-baby visit today. She weighed 16 pounds, 10 ounces (15-20th percentile) and was 27 5/8 inches (45-50th percentile). The NP was very pleased with her progress in weight and said we don't have to stress so much about that anymore. Hopefully, I can take her advice. The NP was very pleased with all her progress. Kendall is very healthy and is growing perfectly!
Kendall is a curious little soul. She is on the go, all the time. She crawls at break-neck speed and pulls up on everything. She also "cruises" around all over the place and will occasionally let go of whatever she's holding on to, but doesn't quite know how to balance herself yet. She has incredible problem solving skills. More on that in a minute.
Kendall has a hardy appetite and is starting to eat "chunkier" foods. She is starting to not want as much formula, which at first concerned me, but then I realized it just has to do with her age...wanting more solid foods. She is doing a lot better with finger feeding and will at least attempt to do it now, although she is not always successful at getting the food into her mouth. So funny...today at the doctor's office, the NP was asking me about her fine motor skills and as I proceeded to tell her that Kendall hadn't developed her pincer grasp very well yet, Kendall picked up the Cheerio PERFECTLY that the doctor put in front of her! I cracked up!
Kendall is still wearing 3-6 month clothes, although I think she will be in 6-9 month clothes pretty soon. It's funny how God works things out because we had more than enough 3-6 month winter clothes given to us as gifts, and then borrowed some 3-6 month summer clothes from a dear friend of mine. When she outgrows the 6 month clothes, we will actually have to start buying clothes for her. (I've purchased things here and there, but for the most part, her wardrobe has been supplied through the giving of others.) I've just been thinking about how God timed that perfectly for us and saved an expense for us until I go back to work. So...I have found some good in her being so small for her age...she stayed in that size for a long time so we got a lot of wear out of all her clothes!
We had to take the bumper pads out of Kendall's crib. Kendall started stepping on top of them to pull up further, and we decided we just needed to nip that in the bud. Have I mentioned her problem solving skills???? Yeah...we both could just foresee a major accident!
What else...Kendall HATES to be cuddled, so don't dare try to hold her close. She's way too curious for that. She always needs to see what is going on around her. She loves her bath time (water in general) and looks for her bath toys as soon as we put her in the tub. It's cute. She gets REALLY excited (to the point of tears) when she sees either of us walk in the door after being gone for a long time. Last night, I came home after working (my last day) at Huntington and Evan was giving her a bath. When Kendall saw me, she started trying to climb out of the bathtub to get to me. It was so sweet.
She loves to sing songs and her favorites include If Your Happy and You Know It, The Itsy, Bitsy Spider and (the ever-popular at our house) Razorback Fight Song. In fact, everything at our house kind-of turns into a song. After baths, we sing "Ain't nobody dope as Kendall, she's just so fresh, so fresh and so clean, clean." (Those who know it, sing along!) Evan also likes to sing the old-school rap song Mr. Wendell and insert "Little Kendall" in place of Mr. Wendell. (Again, sing along...Go ahead, Little Kendall. It's really cute.)
Evan also has some other nicknames for Kendall...Squirt, Kendall-icious, and my all-time favorite, Kenny G. (Nobody else can get away with calling her the last one!) :)
We are working on clapping our hands, waving, and other baby signs, although she is pretty much uninterested. I'm guessing those will come. I'm sure I'm leaving off lots of other fun Kendall facts, but this probably gives you enough reading material for now. I've posted a few pictures below, although most are just of her playing and not of her sweet face. She's moving constantly, so it's hard to get a good "face" picture of the girl!
Of course, every kid loves to play in the plastic cabinet!
Problem solving skills...we used to block in a little play area for her in the living room. Her exersaucer was part of our barricade until Kendall discovered how to crawl through the bottom of it! Don't you just love the look on her face...like "Ha, Ha, I got this figured out!"
Just playing with my toys...
Such a sweet girl!
9 comments:
Yay Kendall for the glowing report at your check up! I was thinking how much she looks like Evan and then that last picture was JUST like him as a baby!
I miss you sweet baby girl! Lots of hugs and kisses from Auntie Mere and cousins Graham and Thomas!
So cute!!
(i was serious about helping u with your background if u want :))
Aww...she is precious! So glad her check up went well and it sounds like she's become a little busy body!!
Aww! Such a cute zebra onsie! : )
Happy 9 months! Sounds like she is growin and developing very well. She also looks like SO much fun. Can't wait to see what she does next!
Reba
I'm so glad she's growing and doing well. She's so cute! And, William is just getting to the point where he's so busy he doesn't have time to cuddle - it's a little sad to me. But, I'm glad he's trying to crawl and explore. Denny makes everything a song and lots of nicknames for William too! (pork fry, little face, Vil-helm). I wish we lived closer to you all - I think Kendall and William would have so much fun playing together!
it seems like yesterday when you and Brandon stood at church looking at your new itty bitty sports car. I think he said you would be preggers by October? Well, he was off by a few months, but oh how time just seems to melt away. We miss you all SO much! We talked a lot about you this week at VBS. You were missed.
Can't believe she is 9 months old already! Glad to hear the good report from the doctor. Cute pictures, too! Did I recognize one of those outfits?
Glad to hear her weight and everything is good. She is growing up fast! We'll talk about that music (fight song) later!!
-Adam
Post a Comment