Friday, March 7, 2008

Snow

Well, the weather channell is predicting that we will get anywhere from 8 to 12 inches of snow between this morning and tomorrow afternoon. The heaviset snow is supposed come tonight, but it has already started.

As many of you know, Leah and Kendall are scheduled to fly out of Louisville at 7:30 in the morning. We love the snow, but please pray that we will be able to make it to the airport on time, and that her flight will be able to leave without any problems. I feel like it won't be too much of a problem as long as I can get out of our neighborhood.

Don't let anyone fool you into thinking this is so far north that everyone is really accustomed to driving in the snow and that its no big deal. That 's what we thought before it snowed last month. We were wrong. These people aren't any better in the snow than the folks in Arkansas. However, there is one major difference that makes it a lot easier to get around here - salt and pre-treatment on the roads. They do a really good job of treating all the major roads, so that once you get out of the neighborhood, it isn't all that bad. The downside is that all that salt cakes to the truck.

Anyway, I thought it might be kind of fun to take a picture every couple of hours and watch how it progresses. I'll update with new pictures throughout the day.


7:30PM - It's hard to tell in the picture, but there was about 2 inches on the ground at 5pm. It quit snowing for a while and just started back up. The heavy stuff is supposed to come between 9PM tonight and 10AM tomorrow.


1PM: getting closer to an inch I'd say. Snowing pretty good right now.


Photobucket
9 AM: looks like maybe 1/8 or 1/4 inch so far .