Thursday, November 1, 2007

Quiet Evening




It's just Kendall and me. My parents left this afternoon (a little bittersweet for me; I know it's good for Evan and me to be here by ourselves, but I loved having my mom here for an extended period, too.) and Evan is at his last soccer practice. He and the other coach were giving the kids a pizza party tonight.

Carrie Yager came over and basically stocked our fridge for us. She brought a pork loin that Scott grilled (YUMMY!), Sister Schubert rolls, some veggies (that she actually cooked on the stove for me because I was just going to zap them in the microwave), orange juice, deli turkey, pita bread, yogurt, cookies...I could go on. What a blessing to have such a friend...and it's not like she's got a lot of time on her hands with a newborn and two other kiddos!!! She stayed and visited while I ate. I was glad for the company. The Yager's are just awesome people. They've checked on us almost every day and this is actually not the first meal they've brought. When you know people that just have a heart to serve, it makes you want to do the same in return. Thanks, Carrie for challenging me in the area of serving.

Kendall is the sweetest baby ever. She barely cries and we can even lay her in her bed awake and she will play herself to sleep already. She is very alert throughout the day and it's fun to see her so wide eyed. She even "smiles" a lot. (Or has a lot of gas. She gets that from her daddy.) :) I even asked Evan this morning what we did to deserve such a sweet baby. He replied with, "Grace. It's all about God's grace." He's so right. I see little glimpses of His grace each day. I have to say that Grace was Evan's choice for a middle name for Kendall and although I liked the name, I didn't love it for our daughter before she was here. Now, it just fits. Her name will always be a reminder to me of what a mighty God we serve. I'm so thankful!

Of course, we've taken pictures like crazy first-time parents, but I've just posted a few of my favorites! Hope you enjoy seeing our sweetie!

5 comments:

Meredith said...

You got some great shots in this batch of pictures. She's so pretty! I love the cherry outfit.

Reba said...

Oh, Leah, she is just precious. I know you are enjoying having her HERE with you. You are right...it is grace. Only God's grace. (And it is grace that will get you through some of the not so fun parts of parenthood too...) Having a child taught me more about God than anything else in my life. Oh, and I am SO glad God has given you a friend to take care of you since you are away...
Reba

The Hickmans said...

Leah, you have made me cry in so many of your posts. Thank you for all of your reminders about serving others, God's Grace and so much more. Kendall is just the most precious little baby!

Adam Holly Grace said...

Leah, I have to agree so many of your post have made me cry too. That is why Adam and I have always loved the name Grace because Kendall is a picture of God's "Oh so marvelous grace". This post has truly convicted me and how I am truly lacking in the area of service. I could do so much more.- Holly

Campbell Crusade said...

Oh, Leah, she is such a pretty baby girl. Thank you for keeping us posted and for all the pictures. Wow, God's Grace is amazing. He has definetely made that evident your your lives!
You are such a beautiful family!